* Performance Improvements:
- Frame rate & performance improvements that increase frame rates up to 50% on low end machines and up to 500% on the high end systems previously experiencing frame rate issues.
* Visual fixes:
- Windows DPI scaling no longer zooms the in-game perspective.
- Default scroll speed increased.
* Multiplayer fixes including:
- Quitting a multiplayer game triggers a resignation instead appearing as a ‘drop’.
- Private lobbies stay private.
- Quick match no longer crashes.
- Long Steam usernames no longer cause crash.
- Hotkeys for multiplayer are correctly saved.
- Lobby now enforces that you only play multiplayer with the same build version.
- Visual indications of players in your lobby and in game who have low frame rate.
- Better networking verification prior to entering game (prevents getting stuck on the voting screen).
- Performance warning if you have high ping to one other player who isn't host or if your data is being relayed.
- Multiplayer quick match speed defaults to normal.
- Multiplayer Lobby doesn't lock to a region for displaying games and allows for “far” region list inclusion. (Likely will not show games where players have exceedingly high pings to hosts that would result in multi-second delays).
* Achievements fix: Single player unlocks achievements properly.
* New Options (vsync, mouselock, display mode):
- Vegetation anti-aliasing option (disabling may improve performance on some systems & resolve some ‘white screen’ issues on some unsupported video cards).
- “Full Desktop” requires multi-monitor of the same vertical resolution (to avoid visual truncation). You can still drag using the mouse window to span multiple monitors of different resolutions.
* Additional hotkeys for control groups (patch requires re-creation of hotkey file).
* Multiple building unit queue (select multiple buildings will distribute unit orders sequentially to each building).
* Various bugfixes (More detail at release).
* Various localization fixes.
* Additional quick match options & fixes.
* Object Shadows Anti-aliasing (Enabled by default in builds prior to 2.2 for the improved shadows). Disabling may help improve performance & allow for expanded GPU support with some older Shader model versions.
* Enable VSYNC option (can help reduce load on higher end GPUs).
* Clamp mouse to window when in foreground.
* Quick match speed default to normal but can be changed to fast.
* Display mode options from main menu: Windowed, Fullscreen, Fullscreen Desktop (for multi-monitor):
- Fullscreen desktop requires monitors to have matching vertical resolutions. Mismatched resolutions resulted in truncated UI and was disabled. You can still drag the game in windowed mode across multiple monitors.
* Added nine additional grouping hotkeys and made group creation / selection keys modifiable:
- After getting the patch you may be forced to re-create your hotkey file.
- Group hotkeys can be changed by accessing options -> Hotkeys -> Game Commands.
- Group Selection hotkeys cannot be modified by alt or shift keys, as these keys have special meaning in game (e.g. alt + group selection key = select and center on).
* If multiple buildings of the same type are selected, unit training will sequentially be divided amongst buildings (Multiple building unit queues).
* Missing grey background behind some tooltip text resolved (to improve text clarity).
* Localization fixes:
- Unlocalized Launcher Buttons.
- Missing campaign text.
- Unlocalized Russian UI.
- Additional various localization fixes.
* Additional Achievement fixes.
* Trebuchet attack range fixes.
* Various campaign crashes due to string length overflows.
* Game ‘win’ counter should increment correctly.
* Quickmatch Map Size properly filters based on map size chosen.
* Performance warning typo fixes.
* Fixed AI files not being unpacked properly from workshop mods.
* Fixed workshop downloading only one update per launch of the game.
* When getting booted from the game, you will return to the main menu. This is by design due to the gameflow and how the title processes game information.
* Gameplay version changed to 2.3.
* Matchmaking settings changed to the ‘widest’ setting permitted by Steam’s system:
- Users may see different game lists for several reasons including.
- User location (the system should return games that present a better play experience first).
- Game legitimacy.
- Steam account standing.
- Please note when joining games that high pings may result in poor gameplay experiences.